Blueberry Cornbread Dressing
Shake up your Thanksgiving routine with this gorgeous and delicious side. The blueberries add a tart burst of flavor to the sweet cornbread and pair perfectly with both white and dark meat.
10 Tbs. butter divided
1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
1 cup celery, finely chopped
1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped
3 cups chicken stock
6 cups stale cornbread cubed
1 Tbs. chopped fresh sage (or 1 tsp. dried)
2 large eggs, beaten
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 1/2 cup blueberries
salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a large pan over medium heat and sauté onion, celery
- and carrots for 10 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- While veggies cook, butter or spray sides of 11 x 13 baking dish then pour cornbread croutons into the dish.
- When vegetables are cooked, add to cornbread.
- In a large bowl add remaining butter (melted) chicken stock, eggs, sage and poultry seasoning.
- Pour stock mixture over bread crumbs completely covering the bread.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Bake for 1 hour covered in aluminum foil. Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes or until golden brown.