This easy blueberry cornbread is perfect for breakfast or a sweet treat any time of day.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
1 cup corn meal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 XL Egg beaten
1 1/4 cups whole milk
1/4 cup honey
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Place an 8-inch cast iron skillet on the middle rack of oven to heat while you make the batter.
- In a large bowl mix together all dry ingredients (excluding blueberries).
- Fold in the egg, milk and honey.
- Mix in the melted butter reserving a small amount to use to butter the skillet.
- Carefully remove the skillet from the oven and reduce heat to 375° F.
- Coat bottom and sides of skillet with reserved butter.
- Pour 1/2 batter into skillet and add 1/2 cup of the blueberries evenly distributing them to coat the top of the batter. Pour remaining batter on top and remaining blueberries on top evenly distributing them.
- Place skillet back in the oven on top of the sheet pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until top is golden brown
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.